Filipino professionals and skilled workers are considered by many as among the most hard working, efficient and loyal workers in the world.
Be one of us. Join FilipinoPro.com today.
Over the years, Filipinos have journeyed to many parts of the world to work as professionals, skilled, semi-skilled and technical workers. Nine million Filipinos are spread around the world working in every imaginable jobs, thus sometimes earning the distinction as a global worker.
In a nutshell, the demand for Filipino workers stem from some widely-recognized attributes, namely:
1. Strong will to succeed – Generally able to rise up to the occasion when given responsibilities.
2.English Language Facility – Better English communication skills compared to many other nationalities in same category.
3. Family Oriented – Considers work as sacrifices he does to offer a better life to the family.
4. Good Work Ethics – Possesses an inherent capacity for hard work, diligent and well-disciplined.
5. Good team player – Is generally friendly and has a positive outlook in his relationship with other people and co-workers
6. Innovative Worker – Many possess diverse skills and are easily trainable. Ha penchant for finding solutions to problems and challenges.
7. People-Oriented – Can easily adjust to foreign culture and work environment. Has a sound temperament and can cope with the demands and pressure of his work.
8. Warm and Caring – Excel and is recognized worldwide for professions and competencies that require people oriented service and care.
Things about Filipino workers that make them attractive to potential employers from all over the world
The distinctive characteristics of Filipinos comprise the main reason why they are preferred by many foreign employers. Below are some of the general traits of Filipinos that are evident in their working habits:
1. Passionate – Filipinos generally put passion into their work. They love to tackle their jobs especially if they feel sufficiently recognized and compensated for their efforts.
2. Competent – Filipinos are well-trained in their respective fields. A lot of Philippine citizens have even gained international acclaim in various fields. They are generally capable of meeting high standards and comply with strict regulations in the performance of their duties.
3. Industrious – Philippine workers are used to overtime work. It is even a common practice to stay beyond work hours just to finish a task. And some do not do it just for the money but just for the desire to go home with a sense of fulfillment of having accomplished much for the day.
4. Competitive – Filipinos are naturally competitive. This trait can be seen in their love for various competitions including sports, academic excellence and career advancement.
5. Resourceful and creative – Being lacking in many aspects, Filipinos have mastered the art of resourcefulness and creativity. Time and again, they have proven that necessity is indeed the mother of invention. This typical Filipino character is evident in a lot of improvised devices, makeshift dwellings and do-it-yourself equipment that are prevalently used particularly in impoverished provinces.
6. Innovative – Filipinos generally like to think that there is always a better way to do things. Thus, coupled with the two previously mentioned traits, they often spearhead and implement innovative ideas designed to improve work flow and processes.
With these personal traits and professional characteristics commonly seen in Filipino workers, it is clear why many countries have embraced them into their workforce. By employing Filipinos, these countries can maximize their manpower investment and get quality labor force at competitive costs.